Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Will Canada Survive into 2007?

I read an article which basically asked the question, "What are we doing lumped in with a bunch of other people who we don't really like and calling ourself a nation?" I had to stop and ponder the question, and ask myself, "What are we doing together? What is Canada anyway?"

I'll tell you this much... I think the Canada we know is on the verge of collapsing. I never really thought about it before until recently. The Liberal Party has insulted Quebec, and Ontario, by default, votes Liberal. Thus, if we support the party that insulted Quebec... why would they want to stick with us? Next vote for independence, and they're out of here. And if they go, don't expect Alberta to stick around while we try and mop up the mess.

Personally, I think Quebec would be in rough shape economically should they split, but then they'd be too proud to re-enter Confederation.

So, I ask you the question... what is our identity? Who are we as Canadians? Why are we together? What is it worth to you to keep this nation of ours together? And the final question... is Canada so important to you that you be willing to consider voting Conservative in order to hold it together? That's really what this next election is going to be about. Forget what the media says. It's going to be about saving Canada as we know it.

I love Canada. To me, it is the best place on earth to live. Which is why I'm sounding the alarm bells. I love this country, and I so very much want to keep it alive. But I know that we are doomed if we don't make some RADICAL changes NOW.

What are your thoughts?

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 16, 08:21:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Michael Fox said…

    You should publicize your site more. There's some good stuff on here.

     
  • At Tue Aug 23, 02:23:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not a Canadian, so my comments are like an outsider poking his nose into a family argument.

    Here in the UK, people are completely unaware that there is a problem in Canada beyond a vague awareness of the Quebec issue. A
    number of people have relatives in
    Canada. I don't, but I know a lady who worked in the PMO during Pearson's days and later worked for Paul Martin's father, when he
    was High Commissioner in London.
    (She thought well of Pearson, but
    found Martin Snr a difficult man).

    People here would be shocked if Canada broke up. I think it would be a tragedy and think Canada is worth fighting for. However I can
    appreciate the point view that sees
    seperation/partition as the only option. It raises the possibilty that the constituent parts would get on better with each other.

    As a non-Canadian I hope you don't mind my comments. I only pray that a solution is found that works and brings the bitterness to an end.

    God Bless Canada

    Chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home