Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Maybe a chance for an Election?

Most MP's aren't overly enthused by the Liberal's Rebate Program. Also, some of their own MP's aren't to happy with the Dingwall severence either.

Here's an overview of some of the rebate reaction.

Many are saying that this program won't help out those who need it. I heard loads of negative reaction from average people on CFRB1010 in Toronto this morning.
I know that this won't help me out with a single dime. It won't help out the VAST MAJORITY of Canadians one little bit. But I'm willing to bet that a bunch of my student friends will get rebate cheques... AGAIN. (it really ticked me off last time... my brother got a cheque, and I didn't... grrrr)

Hey, I have a great idea! Why not reduce the cost of energy AT THE SOURCE! That way, the people who really need it will get an IMMEDIATE cost reduction as they purchace the energy resources they require! Like, perhaps a reduction in GAS TAXES! Yea! What a great idea! WAY lower cost in administration too... 100% of the rebate is kept by the consumer! No red tape, no costs for staff to run the program, and no chance of mismanagement or scandal... what a great idea!

The other week, I made the best energy saving decision possible... I bought a bike. Now, a rebate for THAT would be nice. Hey, I'm saving TONS of energy! But I had to shell out a whole lot for the bike, at least for a good one. I'm so happy at my gas savings, just look at the smile on my face.

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Oct 07, 03:21:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you didn't have to pay the 30% tax on foreign made bikes( not kidding...story in the Toronto Sun last week)I appreciate your blog!Keep it up.
    Vicki

     
  • At Fri Oct 07, 04:58:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn your sexy!!!!

     
  • At Sun Oct 09, 01:13:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CFRB had a show about Martin and his Communion because of the SSM vote , but here is a link to a Catholic MP that appeased Muslims by denouncing Jesus as the Messiah for all Christians and declaring Allah the real God of all people.

    http://www.cig.ca/arpresentsearch.php

    Just sellect the " Elected official response" video and see Dan McTeague reduce Jesus to Muslim Prophet as in the Quran, the end of the video has a Muslim MP declaring that the Quran allows for revenge attacks to enemies .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home