Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, December 09, 2005

How's this for a quote?

I found this left in a comment on Garth Turner's blog.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Guess who said it? Paul Martin? Jack Layton?

Nope... it was Adolf Hitler, 1935.

NOTE: This is a quote posted online somewhere else, not my own. This is not a commentary on Paul Martin, but on oppressive gun control laws. I don't own a gun, and don't think I'd feel comfortable with one in my house, but I don't think this policy will get one gun out of criminal hands... not one. It will only look good to the press and punish law abiding citizens. THAT is the point I'm seeking to make, nothing else.

8 Comments:

  • At Fri Dec 09, 01:27:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You lose. You compared Martin to Hitler.

    It's a rule man. Bring Hitler into it, you lose.

    I wish it wasn't so...

     
  • At Fri Dec 09, 03:45:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, it's Godwin's law (google it, but I assume you're familiar with it). You must now accept defeat, the Liberals have won by default. :D

     
  • At Fri Dec 09, 03:48:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    I would never attempt to smear Paul Martin by comparing him to Hitler... never. Hitler was an evil man, responsible for hienous crimes. No matter how much I don't like him as PM, I can say without reservation that I don't think he's capable of doing anything remotely close to what Hitler did.

    I was merely repeating one person's observation regarding oppressive gun control laws. End of story.

     
  • At Fri Dec 09, 04:32:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must be going blind here but can you point out to me exactly where you said Paul Martin is like Adolf Hitler anywhere in your post ?

     
  • At Fri Dec 09, 05:25:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Exactly... I didn't. But to head of any further comments, I wanted to clearly the intent of my post.

    Thanks for the vote of confidence Jubi.

     
  • At Sat Dec 10, 08:56:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We were just joking around, btw. :) I know you wouldn't compare Martin to Hitler. It's just a message board thing. :)

     
  • At Mon Dec 12, 09:39:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    That's for clarifying Drew... I wasn't sure! Saw your folks and sisters at MBC last night... you missed a good trashing of "The DaVinci Code" LOL!

     
  • At Mon Dec 12, 10:38:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I missed you. "The DaVinci Code" doesn't need anyone to trash it though, anyone who knows history can pretty much see through it. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home