Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Did we launch first attack-ad salvo?

I'm seeing reports from Calgary Grit and Jason Cherniak that the Tories have launched the first true attack-ad. Some blogger said he saw it on TSN, another on CPAC, and another during previews at the Narnia movie. (???) Anyone have any word on that? Nothing on the MSM as of yet, so I'm wary of the rumors.

I've seen the clip, saved it to my PC... it looks pro and semi-legit, but the end makes me suspicious... can anyone confirm?

UPDATE: There is a new ad up on the Conservative site, but it's not the same one I heard about from Jason & Co. The one they were talking about doesn't seem 100% legit, and is more negative than the new legit ad that aired.

7 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 02, 10:00:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Lemon said…

    Wa son CTV on PrimeTime tonite.
    Very powerful - uses the words of Martin, Dingwall and Gomery to send the message. All facts, so slaggin in any form.
    Brilliant.

     
  • At Mon Jan 02, 10:17:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was a new Tory ad on Sportsnet. During the Leaf game. It
    deals with Scandal, which has PMPM
    repeating the words 'the liberals are not corrupt.' It also has a newspaper ad as well as people watching John Gomery. I'm sure it will be on a few more times so people can see it. It's by the CPC.
    I also heard one on the radio. 104.5 Chum fm. by the Tories. It's also on PMPM and about scandal. It's about firing him from his job.
    It's good. Allan
    Toronto.

     
  • At Mon Jan 02, 11:31:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CPAC? I thought CPAC was commercial-free??

     
  • At Mon Jan 02, 11:51:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the second ad, and I think it's good, but why are we going negative before their ads do?

     
  • At Mon Jan 02, 11:51:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also, most likely would not be in previews before a film, particularly an American film. You can only imagine the comments to come of that. Also, doesn't the CPC usually put new ads on their website? The latest ad they have is "They'll Go Neg."
    It just seems a bit suspicious for me.

     
  • At Tue Jan 03, 03:43:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Dan McKenzie said…

    Conservative Party of Canada Hypocrisy.

     
  • At Tue Jan 03, 08:21:00 a.m. EST, Blogger pale said…

    It's on the Conservative website so it's legit -> http://www.conservative.ca/EN/2049/#

    Such a tizzy over nothing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home