Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

E-Day Countdown begins

Getting ready for a momentous E-Day tomorrow. This riding is gonna be close. Stephen Harper was here to visit yesterday. And we got some experienced help in our office to run things on E-Day... The Conservative Hipster. That's right, some LIVE blogging gonna be happening from the Guelph Conservative HQ tomorrow night... after the polls close of course, and in full compliance with all relevant sections of the Elections Act, to be sure. (we don't want to give anyone ANOTHER reason to investigate the Blogging Tories)

So, I'm getting ready to work a couple of polls tomorrow, and I'm told the ones that I'd volunteered for are some of the BIG ONES we need to win in... large numbers of supporters, lots of work. I canvassed in this area a few weeks ago. One woman I met on the door that day, said she'd call the office right away and volunteer. I met again today during training... she's apparently been one of the most committed ones there! She's been there DAILY since, making literally HUNDREDS of phone calls! When she showed up, they asked her who got her to volunteer... and she had no clue who I was! So she was able to tell everyone today, "Hey, this is the guy who got me here!"

Talk about a great boost right befoe the vote!

HERE'S TO GUELPH, AND LET'S STAND UP FOR CANADA!!!

NOTE: If anyone wants to join our live day efforts, drop a line in my comments and we'll connect... I'll be online via MSN, blog, e-mail and cell.

2 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 22, 06:26:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like things are going well! We're definitely big supporters. Let's pray that things turn around in this country, starting tomorrow night!

     
  • At Sun Jan 22, 07:20:00 p.m. EST, Blogger WE Speak said…

    Good Luck to Brett and all the team. You're going to make it happen in Guelph.

    Just to give you an idea - my mother has voted and volunteered for the Liberals in Guelph for over 50 years. She told me she was voting for Brett special ballot before leaving on vacation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home