Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'm a "24" fan

I'm also a techie-geek... so, I know it's pathetic, but I set up my computer's "new mail" sound to sound like CTU's phones on 24... so when I get new mail, (or someone leaves a comment here) it feels like, for one brief moment, that I work for a super secret government organization...

You can go back to reality now. Maybe I'll join you shortly.

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Feb 19, 12:56:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super secret government organization Stephen Harper would love it!!

     
  • At Sun Feb 19, 09:37:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love 24, seen every episode so far. Great show, even if a little unrealistic. :)

    Have you watched all the seasons?

     
  • At Sun Feb 19, 01:30:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    No, I haven't seen most seasons actually. I've seen all of season one, and most of three and four. Saw my first episode about 1/4-1/3 the way through season 5, and got hooked! It's Meg and my "date night" event!

    A 24 fact for you... after the ratings came in at the end of the first season, it was actually canned... then QUICKLY brought back after further anaylsis of the rating demographics. It scored fairly low in the number of total viewers, so they assumed it had flopped, until they looked at WHO was watching... a HIGH percentage of the 35-50 year old male crowd mostly doctors, lawers, etc., who normally NEVER watch TV... the group with LOADS of money, whom advertisers haven't been able to touch for decades!

    So, watch the ads next time... you'll see more ads for higher end Fords, Chrysler 300's, razors, etc... more guy stuff than most shows!

     
  • At Sun Feb 19, 02:09:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "So, watch the ads next time... you'll see more ads for higher end Fords, Chrysler 300's, razors, etc... more guy stuff than most shows!"

    Yup, and you'll notice that Keifer Sutherland (Jack Bauer) does the voiceovers for half of them. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home