Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Paul Martin... IT'S OVER

March 16, 2006... a day to remember. I think I could hear Warren cheering from Florida... (UPDATE: Warren was actually most gracious in his post on this)

Paul Martin will be handing in his resignation this weekend. CBC, CTV, and CanWest.

Here's the link to the Liberal press release... and here's the text of the letter...
Letter of Resignation of Paul Martin as Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada

March 16, 2006


Ottawa -- The Liberal Party of Canada today released the following letter received today from the Rt. Hon. Paul Martin, P.C., M.P.:

Mr. Mike Eizenga
President
Liberal Party of Canada
81 Metcalfe Street, Suite 400
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 6M8


Mr. President,

As per our discussions, I wish to confirm my intention to resign as leader of the Liberal Party of Canada upon the formal call of the convention.

It has been an honour and my great pleasure to serve as leader and to have worked with so many dedicated volunteers, candidates, caucus members and party officials.

I look forward to continuing to serve and contribute to the party that I have always and will always regard as my second family.

Yours sincerely,


The Right Honourable Paul Martin

-30-


Info: Steven MacKinnon, National Director, 613-783-8404
Sorry, I just really have to do this... Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, G O O D B Y E ! ! !

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 17, 11:01:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chill, take the high road. Paul Martin is planning to resign. Good for him. I hope he does well in his future endevors.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home