Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

REPOST: Having fun with Shapiro's report

One reader indicated that Blogger wasn't allowing comments when I posted this, so I'm reposting so everyone has a chance to respond:

I read a quote from Shapiro's report, then read the report myself, then I tried something rather FUN... I CHANGED THE NAMES to see how it would read. (I heard M.K. Braaten first posted this first quote) From the Ethic's Commissioner's "Harper/Emerson" Report:
Finally, all three members have referred to the Grewal-Dosanjh Report that I issued in January 2006 in support of their allegations, with particular reference to page 10, upon which the following paragraph appears:

If Mr. Grewal had sought a reward or inducement to cross the floor at this time, he would have been acting and/or attempting to act in such a way as to further his private interests. Likewise, if Mr. Dosanjh had offered a reward or inducement to Mr. Grewal to cross the floor, at this time, he would have been acting and/or attempting to act in such a way as to improperly further Mr. Grewal’s private interests.
So I thought to myself, how would it read if I changed the names?
If Ms. Stronach had sought a reward or inducement to cross the floor at this time, she would have been acting and/or attempting to act in such a way as to further her private interests. Likewise, if Mr. Martin had offered a reward or inducement to Ms. Stronach to cross the floor, at this time, he would have been acting and/or attempting to act in such a way as to improperly further Ms. Stronach’s private interests.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 24, 11:44:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pat Martin the NDP's ethics critic actually touched on this in his news conference. Basically he stated that according to Shapiro's own report it would seem that there are more grounds for unethical behaviour in the Stronach floor crossing than there was in the Emerson crossing.

    Specifically, there was a financial gain for Stronch to go from a back benchers salary to a Cab Min's salary + car and driver. And Stronach crossed the floor specifically to affect a confidence vote in parliment. Far more unethical behaviour!

    I'll now expect to see the same level of fake partisan outrage coming from the NDP, to now be directed at the Liberals.

    I won't hold my breath but.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home