Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Good news for Quebec Liberals

Warren posted a pic of today's front page of "Le Journal de Montreal". The headline, roughly translated:

"For the first time in 3 years, Charest passes in front of the PQ"

I'm with Warren... this IS good news. Read all about it, en francais, here. (Google translation here)
(link showing front page here)

If, somehow, Charest can hang on and stay in front of the PQ, and somehow pull off a win in the 2008 provincial election, (even a minority, maybe even propped up by the ADQ) it could deliver a crushing blow to the seperatists for years to come.

And it could set up the Gilles Duceppe and the BQ for their worst showing since 1993 in the next Federal election.

I'll go out on a limb here... could Prime Minister Stephen Harper have had anything to do with it? I tend to think so.

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 27, 12:44:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Jean Charest is one of the worst premiers in recent memory in any province. Although I'm not fond of the doctrine of Quebec Independence, I think the PQ would do a far better job at governing than Charest would with another mandate.

     
  • At Tue Jun 27, 01:53:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Joan Tintor said…

    I'm still mad at Charest for leaving the PCs, but I hope he gives Andre Blowclair a good thumping.

    P.S. And I think Harper is GREAT for not caving to the expectation that he call Quebec a "nation". On child care, environment, national unity, etc. there's been enough empty rhetoric and hot-button language to last 10 lifetimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home