Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Dalton muzzles the media?

Apparently, Caledonia Wakeup Call is becoming quite a headache for Dalton McGuinty's Liberal government. CHTV in Hamilton ran with one of their stories, about an apparent leak from within his staff regarding Caledonia.

It seems that Mr. McGuinty, et. al., "are not amused".
"We talked to the producer of CHTV Live @ 5:30 today to try to respond to Mr. Ramsay's Press Release regarding the leaked Liberal plan. We wanted to see whether CHTV would do an interview with us and Mr. Ramsay.
First, the producer laughed and said that isn't going to happen anytime soon. He then proceeded to tell me that Mr. Chris Morley of Premier McGuinty's office called him today because they were angry that CHTV ran the story.

I was told that the message from the Premier's office that they would not be getting any more interviews from the government. (...)

I then told Mr. Morley what the producer had told me about his impression that CHTV was being punished for airing the story and I wanted to give him a chance to clear up any misunderstanding before running my story. "No comment" were his words. I reworded my question and he replied his "No comment" statement and said this conversation is over.
Here's the part that I'm most interested in, however...
We all remember how the media got all upset by Harper trying to control their questioning of him. Now let's see the Media's response to a Liberal Government that is willing to punish any media outlet for running stories they don't like.

Not only is McGuinty trying to control information that goes to the media, every political party does that, but he is willing to punish media who run stories that make the Liberals look bad.

Let's sit back and see the outrage of our Media and see whether the Liberals will get the same nation wide coverage for their punishment of CHTV as they gave the Conservatives for trying to control the order of questions."
Is the media two faced? I guess we'll see.

9 Comments:

  • At Fri Aug 04, 12:49:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Matt said…

    Every time I read a comment by jdave34, the more I like him.

    Thanks for the tip, CC, I'll most likely write about this later as well.

     
  • At Fri Aug 04, 05:26:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i concure jdave....;-P

     
  • At Fri Aug 04, 05:27:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its a shame that so many in Canada vote out of fear....

     
  • At Fri Aug 04, 07:32:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    I disagree, jdave. On the liking you part. On the McGuinty part, he is simply one of biggest disasters to happen to Ontario politics, ever. He ran the most cynical and disingenuous campaign in my lifetime, and I would have a tough time forcing myself to brake if he were crossing the street in front of me.

    I think John Tory is actually an ideal candidate for premier. He's accustomed to administration in large organizations and responsible decision-making. I think if he can frame the election campaign debate around who's actually better for the province, he'll crush McGuinty badly. He's one of the few politicians I can look at and respect, and not object if he becomes premier no matter what Party he represents.

    Tory's one drawback is that he is a better policy-maker, I think, than he is a politician. He lacks somewhat in the charisma department, but he's a guy I would trust as leader of the province. But then again, I'm still a huge fan of Mike Harris - keeping promises scores major points with me.

     
  • At Fri Aug 04, 09:27:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're talking about Ontario remember, McGuinty's brother cruised into federal politics on the same disgraced name. I won't be surprised if the man is re-elected, nothing surprises me when it comes to Ontarians and their beloved Liberal Party.

     
  • At Sat Aug 05, 01:25:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    And why do Ontarians struggle with western conservatives?

    "We're talking about Ontario remember...nothing surprises me when it comes to Ontarians and their beloved Liberal Party."

    Come on, dude: Stockwell Day would think that's politically incorrect.

     
  • At Sat Aug 05, 11:35:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was born, raised, and still live in Ontario Blake.....its not politically incorrect for me to criticize my own kind....is it?

    It's like converting to Judiasm for the jokes (as Seinfeld would say) Was that politically incorect? maybe, but i love the Jews so, I'll risk it....

     
  • At Sat Aug 05, 12:00:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    I was born, raised, and still live in Ontario Blake.....its not politically incorrect for me to criticize my own kind....is it?

    I don't mind you criticizing the decisions of Ontario voters, but at least don't do it in a way designed to piss Ontarians off as opposed to perhaps helping the situation. As a former Reform/Alliance/Conservative member I'd appreciate it.

     
  • At Sat Aug 05, 05:46:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    point taken

     

Post a Comment

<< Home