Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tories with guns... in our cities

I'm going to be in a beautiful and remote corner of this beautiful province of Ontario for a week, so there won't be any new posts, or replies to comments. (so behave all you commenters!)

But before I take off, I want to comment on the disgraceful display of support for Hezbollah that was on display in Toronto today. DISGUSTING! I have no problem with the calls for peace, ceasefires, or displays of support for Lebanon... but to proudly display the colours of a murderous terrorist organization is just about as UNCanadian as you can get. Toss them in the cooler for a few months, under our "hate crimes" legislation.

So, on that note, I threw together a new logo... feel free to display or improve upon...


Of course, with going away, I won't have time to finish my post on my Halifax trip from OVER A MONTH AGO... things just keep popping up. (still have it sitting in "DRAFT")

However, to join in the spirit of the morons who are waving Hezbollah flags on the streets, in our cities, I figued I'd post one photo from my trip. I got a chance to take a tour aboard the HMCS Halifax on Canada Day, and they had various displays up on deck from all branches of the Forces. So, here's how I really think we oughta deal with those Hezbollah supporters...

Yes indeed, you saw it here first...
Tories with guns. In our cities. I am not making this up.


DISCLAIMER: JUST KIDDING!!! RELAX!!! Any regular visitors who frequent this blog KNOW that I'm not a gun nut... I don't have one, likely won't ever have one, and haven't even fired one in my life. (unless you count discharging blanks from a 1776 replica flint-lock Brown Bess musket, but that was for re-enacting purposes... a real crowd pleaser) But posing for that pic was just too good an opportunity to pass up... that there is a Canadian Forces standard issue C7 Automatic Rifle... disabled, and with an empty clip, of course.

And again for the record, NO, I don't advocate executing Hezbollah supporters! (or Hezbolla militants, in fact) Believe it or not, I abhor violence... I see it as a LAST resort, NOT a first. I support Israel's present action in Lebanon because it's a last resort option... what else do you do about an unrelenting advesary who has vowed to destroy you, when no one else is willing to do anything about it?

Well, I guess that's all for now... see you in a week!

8 Comments:

  • At Sun Aug 13, 12:09:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Believe it or not, I abhor violence... I see it as a LAST resort, NOT a first. I support Israel's present action in Lebanon because it's a last resort option... what else do you do about an unrelenting advesary who has vowed to destroy you, when no one else is willing to do anything about it?


    What if the US cut off all support for Israel, and the Israeli military machine fell apart thanks to a lack of spare parts? And then suppose that Israel was then taken over by Islamists who announced their intention to ethnically cleance the area of all Jewish people for Muslim use only. In such a situation, if these Jewish people were faced with "an unrelenting advesary who has vowed to destroy you, when no one else is willing to do anything about it", would you consider it acceptable, as a last resort, for them to use suicide bombers?

     
  • At Sun Aug 13, 05:27:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's one badass looking photo...well done! I like the shirt too. Always enjoy reading your blog, keep up the good work!

     
  • At Tue Aug 15, 06:00:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Anybody want to have a caption contest for this photo? I've got some really nuclear ones here that will cause a lot of harsh feelings if they're shared. :P

     
  • At Tue Aug 15, 06:45:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So they're about avaerage for you then...

     
  • At Wed Aug 16, 12:02:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Above average in this case, J-Griff. :D Way above average.

     
  • At Wed Aug 16, 04:53:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    So the caption contest for this photo goes live.

    Andrew's gonna get the stuffing knocked out of him on this, and it's too bad because he doesn't really deserve it. Yet, that picture is just too rich to pass up.

     
  • At Thu Aug 17, 01:43:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Gotta say that dirk is an early leader. Although J-Griff really surprised me with a couple of hilarious opening salvos. :)

     
  • At Tue Aug 22, 05:50:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Blake Kennedy said…

    Less than 24 hours to end of caption contest, folks! Get your entries in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home