Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Garth Responds

Hot off the press.
Well, this has turned out to be one interesting day. This blog has been melted down a few times over the last couple of hours with Canadians logging on because, I would presume, they’d like to see why it is I have been removed form the Conservative bosom.

Well, knock yourself out. All my words are here. Judge for yourself.

I have said here many times, and consistently since I was elected this last time, that I work for the voters - the people, the taxpayers. After that I heed my party and the political establishment. All are important, of course, but the people come first.

And people, seems to me, want political leaders and MPs who look at every opinion, chew over ever idea, kick every notion, and then decide what’s best. The older I get and the mose people I run into, the more I understand this is not a black-and-white world. Despite the yelling in Question Period. Despite the events of today in the caucus room.

So, being kicked out of the Conservative Party is unfortunate, and I’ll be going back to my riding soon to explain things to those voters who wanted a Tory to represent them. But no party - in fact, none of us - has a lock on perfection. The irony is that I’ve been a Conservative longer than most people who call themselves that these days, and my beliefs have not changed. Idid not leave my party, or my convictions, at the caucus room door.

Now, I’ll be the best MP I can. Count on it.

posted by Garth Turner on 10.18.06 @ 3:10 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home