Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wii are Helping the Community




The new Nintendo Wii is the coolest console ever. Been playing it off and on for a couple of days, and now, I'm taking the gaming experience to a whole new level... a Long Term Care facility!

I got to thinking, "Hey, this is so simple to use, and so much fun, I wonder if we could make a go of it at work!" Wrote up a proposal, sold it to the Recreational Therapy department, then took it to the Foundation... we're going to see if the local WalMart will consider donating one... and if not, buy it anyway! Plus another department is so sold on the idea, I got told that if I could find one in town, they'll cut a check for it TODAY!

The Wii Sports package comes with bowling, golf, tennis, baseball, and boxing. All of them, other than boxing, are incredibly simple to do, most needing only minimal hand control. I can just see an 80 year old resident, who hasn't been able to get out of his wheelchair and out to the fairway for a decade, falling in love with this thing! As a golfer, it's pretty realistic... yet a non-golfer like my wife can enjoy it too! They can go bowling from their wheelchair, just swing your arm a little! This thing is great! And with the wireless capability, we can set it up to go access various online games for those who like things like Sudoku! The possibilites are almost endless!

LOL... see Mom? My years of gaming did eventually come in handy in the real world!

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 23, 11:44:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that's quite a good idea; I've personally been dying to try the Wii- especially because of the Zelda game.

     
  • At Fri Nov 24, 10:49:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,

    Just a note to let you know, a friend's mom had a doctor recommend getting a portable nintendo gaming system to help keep her arthritis at bay, and keep her mind active because she's been in a wheelchair for a while. Apparently, its helped a lot.

    And I read a Toronto Star article, wishing they would develop a star wars light-sabre fighting game, which would also be cool.

    Fitz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home