Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Protesters at John Baird Lunch - belated post

Tried to post this a couple of days ago, but Blogger and Google Video weren't cooperating. So here it is... all references to "today" are obviously innacurate...


Took a couple of video clips of the protesters today... lots of fun.

While I was filming, I got asked if I was a part of the protest group. Honest,
my reply was the first thing that popped into my head...

They had a catchy chant going on at one point... "John Baird's Retirement"

No matter how much they try to sugar coat it, they hate us... they REALLY hate us. "Conservative Party has got to go". This clip is tame compared to what I've seen in other places, but you get the idea. It's not our policies they hate... it's us. Personally. Kinda sad, really.

Anyway, as a commenter pointed out, I did have some fun today. I spent some time out there chatting with the protesters, asking questions, and getting some clips. Just keeping an eye on them, lest things get out of hand... again.

The speech was in the same place where a major protest broke out against the Harris government a few years back, so the staff there were having none of it. They laid down the law right away, and informed them of where they could and could not be... and that they would be calling the police if they did not comply. They behaved.

Anyway, one of them, the apparent ringleader, was fairly well informed of the issues, and responded to my comments fairly intelligently... until I checked up on his comments. They were dead wrong. Funny thing is, he didn't deny my comments regarding Russia and Kyoto, and my comments about the whole carbon trading Kyoto weath redistribution scheme.

And when I tried to talk to them about actually DOING something, they just all went into the "It's Kyoto or nothing" rant... once again.

Well, I wished Mr. Baird good luck on the file... after seeing what kind of people he's up against, it looks like he'll need it.

5 Comments:

  • At Sat Jan 27, 05:06:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, a whole 10-15 protesters? Problem with lefties is that they are "emotionally" involved in issues, not "intellectually" involved. That's the big difference between the right and the left. The right wants proof and facts, while the left wants control and power, on issues.

     
  • At Sat Jan 27, 05:10:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sad part is, if the Conservatives did completely implement Kyoto and Canada hit all of our targets, they would still be chanting anti-Conservative rhetoric. Remember, most of these protests are not pro-Kyoto, they are anti-Conservative.

     
  • At Sat Jan 27, 05:44:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! I remember when me and a couple of my friends went and protested Paul Martin when he was Prime Minister going to a volunteer picnic thing. It was pretty fun. We attaked him on Lying, stealing entitlements ect. Our chant was stealing is not a canadian value. It was fun and we got lots of honks and thumbs up as the volunteers were leaving. All in all fun. The thing to remember is that it is an anti-conservative rally, not really a pro-anything.

     
  • At Sat Jan 27, 08:34:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I lived in Toronto, it was well known that there were "professional" protesters. No matter the issue, it was the same core of rag-tag kids protesting.

    They don't "hate"....they're just stuck in that rebellious teen-age year stuff. It's "Dad" and "Mom" and "authority figures" they hate, and they're doing an awful lot of transference.

     
  • At Sat Jan 27, 09:21:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny thing is, he didn't deny my comments regarding Russia and Kyoto, and my comments about the whole carbon trading Kyoto weath redistribution scheme.

    And when I tried to talk to them about actually DOING something, they just all went into the "It's Kyoto or nothing" rant... once again.

    ROBOTS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home