Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wow... that's harsh

Some thoughts about the former Prime Minister, from a former Liberal MP...
"Asked if he regrets accepting Martin's job offer and giving up his seat, Assadourian said: "I regret knowing him as a person."
Former Liberal adviser said he did no real work

Onetime Liberal MP Sarkis Assadourian says he never did a day's work after being appointed a special adviser to former prime minister Paul Martin.

Shortly before the 2004 election, Assadourian agreed to step aside in his Brampton riding so that a star recruit, Ruby Dhalla, could run for the Liberals in his stead. In return, Martin gave him a job as a special foreign policy adviser.

"They put out a press release and he said to the media and the nation with a straight face I was working with him as (his) adviser on the south Caucasus and Middle East," Assadourian said in an interview.

"The whole thing was a lie... I never a single day worked in his office. I was never paid a single penny."

Asked if he regrets accepting Martin's job offer and giving up his seat, Assadourian said: "I regret knowing him as a person."
h/t to Wudrick's Blog

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 21, 10:44:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So Canadian Press says that the "Liberals may be basing their skepticism about the value of MP Wajid Khan's report to Stephen Harper on their own experience with special prime ministerial advisors." Who would have thought it?

    I would say that Bill Graham was in the dark about Paul Martin's scamming of Sarkis Assadourian (I know I'm a Christian and should give our former PM the benefit of the doubt, but there is no other term for it that I can think of that fits). Otherwise, I can't see how he, Mr Graham, would have given his blessing to Wajid Khan in the first place.

    Also, I would be very surprised if this aspect of the story ever sees the light of day on any of our friendly neighbourhood Liberal blogs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home