Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just for the record, Garth...

"I am a democrat who believes everyone in the House of Commons, including the cabinet members who make up the government, should be elected. They should sit in Parliament as they were elected. If they decide to change parties, they should go and get re-elected."
Now, who said that?

Of course, we're probably going to hear a response like, "We're so close to an election right now that it doesn't matter", or "Hey, my party left me, so I'm free to choose to go whatever way I want to".

Of course, I'll say it once again, I don't care if he makes the jump... floor crossing is a part of our system, and I support keeping it just the way it is. Sure, he'll likely win as a Liberal too, since the vote was so close the last time.

But I just figured I should post this to make sure the record is kept straight.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Feb 06, 03:15:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Brian in Calgary said…

    I have to copy a post I've already made on this topic.

    With Garth joining the Liberals, I am reminded of something that the late Tommy Douglas said after MP Ross Thatcher (the eventual last ever Liberal Premier of Saskatchewan) completed his political defection (CCF to Independent to Liberals):

    "We had him yesterday. You have him today. Heaven help who has him tomorrow."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home