Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Welcome to the fold Werner

Am I surprised? Not really. Werner Patel, formerly a LPC member and a Liblogger, has "crossed the floor", so to speak... and taken out a CPC membership.

He looked to Kennedy as the man for Liberal renewal... someone who listens to the grassroots. But according to Werner, most Liberals are still stuck in a "victory at any cost" group-think pack mentality... so he decided to bail. He let his 2006 LPC membership lapse... and took out a CPC membership in 2007.

I doesn't really matter what you think of Werner... the fact that he would consider "crossing the floor" of public opinion (or at least the bloggosphere) is a good sign for both Mr. Harper and the Party. It means that it is possible for even partisan Liberals to become convinced that the CPC is really the only party where the voice of the average Canadian can be heard.

Welcome to the Party, Werner... the more the merrier. And I'm not just talking about numbers, I mean opinions too. Looking forward to hearing your views on all the issues.

h/t to 905 Tory

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At Sun Feb 11, 07:48:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you. Although I don't want to turn this into a big deal. I only wrote about it because I think I owed it to my readers.

    I simply believe in approach all things with common sense, and by that approach, it was clear to me that the LPC wasn't the answer, particularly not with Dion and Ignatieff running things over there.

    And since I've been a member of the Alberta Tories, making that jump federally is not that "surprising", not even for me.

     
  • At Sun Feb 11, 08:07:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Torian said…

    welcome werner!

    I've read your blog and agreed with many of your posts.

    You will find that conservatives are all about the grassroots.

    And yes, if the libs wanted renewal, they should have gone with either kennedy or hall findley

     
  • At Sun Feb 11, 09:52:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, my sentiments exactly. Dion talks about including women, but when the LPC had the chance to elect a woman as leader, guess what happened? She finished dead-last.

    The bottom line is this: the Liberals had a real chance to prove that they were willing to better themselves and learn from the past. I know a lot of Liberals who were happy when Martin lost the election, because they felt the party needed some time-out.

    And they wasted the opportunity they were given.

    Clearly, if they had been serious about renewal and reform, they, as you say, would have elected Kennedy or Findlay. But Dion, who can't even make himself understood? Gimme a break.

     
  • At Sun Feb 11, 10:05:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Brian in Calgary said…

    Welcome to the CPC. I'm looking forward to regularly visiting your blog, reading your views, and offering a civil comment or three.

     
  • At Sun Feb 11, 10:44:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I look forward to seeing you on my blog, Brian in Calgary!

     
  • At Sun Feb 11, 11:01:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Michael Fox said…

    Is this for real? The guy switches parties every few months. He'll be a Liberal again before the summer's out.

     
  • At Sun Feb 11, 11:18:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Well TT, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. That would, after all, be the Conservative thing to do. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home