Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hillier - "I'm no prop"

The good general fires back at the Liberal "Conservative prop" accusation.

Political 'prop' accusation worst insult ever, Hillier says
Last Updated: Thursday, March 1, 2007 | 10:36 AM ET
CBC News

Canada's top soldier is slamming back at a Liberal MP who called him a political "prop," saying he considers it a worse insult than being shot at or targeted by suicide bombers.

"I've been shot at. People have attempted to blow me up. I had a suicide bomber targeted against me when I was the commander in Afghanistan. And I've been called every name in the book, I'm certain," Hillier said. "I don't think I've ever been so insulted as to be called a prop for a political party."

He said he was not being political, but only talking about the state of the Canadian Forces.

"I'm not a politician. I'm a soldier and I call things the way I see them, factually, and I try not to put the slant on that," Hillier said.

"I do that because I think the government of Canada needs that honesty from the chief of the defence staff."

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 02, 12:07:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TangoJuliette sez:

    Back in the late fifties, I had a platoon Sgt. who had nothing but disdain for the recruits who were not up to daily standards. He referred to them as horrible bluddy sorry specimens, civilian-minded beasts,looking and smelling very much like vast scruffy bags of "shite," tied in the middle, open at either end.

    I don't recall Coderre being in the platoon, but he certainly looks and sounds like he fit the bill.

    Old Sarge, a D-Day survivor, musta been presient. It was a distinct honour serving in his platoon.

    As for Hillier? He had made that very same comment about a "decade of darkness" in 2003, before the Liberals, with famine-creating, FatBoy Coderre in the Cabinet, promoted Hillier to his present post.

    Coderre's hypocrisy knows no end. Another line of Sarge's would be appropriate here, regarding Coderre:

    The pudgy sod should be taken out and shot -- with a ball of his own shit!

    Do I hear an "AMEN!" ?

     
  • At Fri Mar 02, 12:12:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TJ sez:
    presient to prescient. Make it so.

     
  • At Fri Mar 02, 01:57:00 a.m. EST, Blogger hunter said…

    Today in question period, the Minister of Defence called Coderre a scum sucking pond creature, or something to that effect, it was funny as all get out!

     
  • At Fri Mar 02, 06:41:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coderre had no right attacking Hillier. He knows that Hillier can not, because of his position, shoot back. The fact Coderre would engage in this sort of behavior shows his lack of morals. I for one, hope he retires and tries it again, just so Hillier can give him a proper drubbing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home