Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

New Kyoto Plan a Disaster?

I don't normally like bashing the CPC, but when it comes to supporting Kyoto, I have no problem bashing away.

Though I don't like parts of this article, I think this opening paragraph says things well...
"After last week producing a sound and lucid report on how Canada's Kyoto carbon emission targets were unworkable and economically dangerous, the Conservatives yesterday set course for even greater lunacy than Kyoto, led by John Baird, the Environment Minister. In a speech that even Sheila Copps in full discombobulated flight could not have delivered, Sheila Baird invented, distorted, misrepresented and fabricated his way to a potential regulatory nightmare."
Let's not try twisting in the wind to win the votes of Kyoto proponents... cause that ain't going to happen, no matter how hard we try. Let's try, instead, to show Canada that we're the only ones they can trust on the now co-dependant files of the Environment and the Economy.

I really think we had a winning message last week... "Kyoto, as is, will cost Canada too much... let's work towards the goals of Kyoto, but in a rational, reasoned, and manageable manner." Let's stick to it.

Let's even start talking to Buzz Hardgrove... see if we can find some common ground. Let's prove to all Canadians what we already know is true... only WE, the CPC, is the Party of Canada's working class.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Apr 26, 06:49:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I liked the Liberal plan of talking tough on the environment and doing nothing over the conservative plan of actually doing something. All I know for sure is whenever the Government tries to fix something they just make them worse.

     
  • At Thu Apr 26, 07:22:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is your local CPC group saying CC?
    I'm not impressed with the 'Kyoto is okay' theme here.
    And CPC agreed to a motion re: the West buying carbon credits from Quebec in the HoC. I know it is not a law, but a signal of intention.And Baird is starting to sound like Suzuki.."Canadians want climate control"...???
    Where' that CPC party that we elected in 2006?
    Lynk Byfield is calling it the CPC 'turkey'...somebody get me a ......'turkey inhibiter'!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home