Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

?!?!?! Was this all a part of Tory's plan?

Oh my goodness... I've been decrying John Tory's faith based funding idea for a long time now, but all of a sudden I'm thinking to myself that this is just a stroke of political genius, sprung on Mr. McGunity, BY Mr. McGuinty himself, just over a week before heading into a campaign...

"It's a matter of fairness, in today's National Post, from a friend and former supporter of Mr. McGuinty

"JEWISH LEADER DECRIES MCGUINTY'S 'ABOUT-FACE'"

"McGuinty's schools hypocrisy"

"Faiths unite to back Tory plan to fund their schools"

I'm thinking about that line from James Earl Jones in Tom Clancy's "Clear and Present Danger"... "You just walked right into that big'ol bear trap"

For the record... I still don't support the idea, but I can respect Mr. Tory for his political genius... kinda like how I have respect for guys like Warren... whom I'm guessing will not be having a particularly good day today... ;-)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 29, 05:57:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tory - political genius? Give your head a shake.

     
  • At Wed Aug 29, 07:02:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Bruce Stewart said…

    I won't say anything about John Tory's political genius or lack thereof, not having lived in Ontario for years.

    But Dalton is a flip-flopper, and the CJC ought to be all over him until election day in October for his position change.

    "You can't hide ... those lyin' eyes"!

     
  • At Thu Aug 30, 03:03:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Brian in Calgary said…

    I also have nothing to say about Tory's alleged genius never having lived in Ontario, so our friendly neighbourhood anonymous comment poster may have a good point. However, (s)he would do well to actually address the meat of the issue, which is Tory's plan and the Premier's about-face.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home