Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Another "grenade" into education?

And this time, Mr. McGuinty, it's not from John Tory... I'd be interested in seeing how Mr. McGuinty responds to this one. This time, it's the Canadian Civil Liberties Union, who have issued a statement calling on the government to eliminate all funding of religious based education... INCLUDING the Catholic system.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 24, 03:51:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said…

    I don't know why the Civil Liberties is pushing one public education system.

    It's not doing very well.

    But in theory, I agree - fund none or fund them all.

     
  • At Mon Sep 24, 06:34:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Jacques Beau Vert said…

    I'm with either Tory or the CCLU on this. Fund one or fund all, as Joanne has already said.

    Public dollars should not go towards religious schools in my opinion, however I'd be content if Tory's position won out. The current situation is garbage, imo.

     
  • At Tue Sep 25, 10:23:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Drew Costen said…

    Given how many religions are out there, just where are the PC's planning on getting the money for this idea? Also, will only major religions be included, or will lesser known religions, not to mention cults, also be included?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home