Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Laptops and Vista II

Just got the new laptops we ordered, and I was all excited for about two minutes... because we were then told that the Recovery CD's, which will allow us to revert back to Windows XP Professional are on backorder for another week.

On backorder? You're kidding me... now I wonder why that is...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Nov 30, 03:15:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a new laptop and am using Vista premium. I like it, but I hired someone (a third my age) to configure it for me and I'm pretty happy. I did, however, need to do the upgrade he recommended to increase the RAM. I'm lucky, I could care less about graphics as I use mine as a word processor most of the time. Also, I am using the clasic view, which is familiar. As a functionally illiterate computer user I have great empathy for you. I was told there isn't a computer available yet that can handle Vista properly - it's apparently a couple of years away. I will maybe have figured out how to do more than write stuff by then. By the by, my backup is already six disks and I only got this wretched thing in August. I also only install what I will really use when I buy software (which has to be Vista certified to work properly). The world was so much nicer when it was still flat.

     
  • At Fri Nov 30, 06:12:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Rileysowner said…

    I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday about Vista. He wondered what my opinion was, and I said that the OS is meant to allow all the computer power a person purchases to be focused on the applications they run; in the case of Vista it all goes to running the OS. What is with that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home