Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Charlie Wilson and Osama?

Just a question... with the new flick out, Charlie Wilson's War (which, for the record, I won't be watching until I get my ClearPlay DVD Player back from repairs), I have a question...

I did a quick look up on who Charlie Wilson was, via good old WikiPedia. He was a Democratic Congressman from Texas, first elected in 1972, and serving until 1996. It says that he was, to a large degree, the man responsible for getting the funding for the Afghan Mujahideen to fight the Soviets in the 1980's... which is the whole point of the movie, which was adapted from his biography.

So, here's my question... wouldn't that mean that, in essence, Osama bin Laden is, to a large degree, the Democrats fault too? (I mean, at least as much as the Republicans, since it was Reagan who was the man in charge back then)

The question has to be asked, since many on the left keep saying that the war in Afghanistan, and 9/11, and the war in Iraq against Al-Qaida, are all Bush's and the Republican's fault.

Just asking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home