Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another election trigger?

Honestly? I'm expecting this to pass... which of course, would invoke Murphy's Laws, which means that it will fail, and the House will fall. (Boy this gets more and more confusing... of course, we're talking about the Liberals, so who knows what's going to happen... according to the article, they don't even know yet.)

The government has attached an immigration bill to the Budget implementation motion... not to force an election, but to ensure it gets passed expidetiously. As an immigrant, I can see the sense in this legislation... it's directly related to how my family got into this country, as the Government was actively looking to bring in people with my dad's skillset at the time. (thanks Mr. Trudeau... I guess)

Anyway, it's gonna pass, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I've resigned myself to an October 2009 vote, and a de facto majority until then. It just means that we have to go through all this hooping and hollering by the Liberals every single time before our stuff gets passed, that's all. If you ask me, it's a small price to pay in the interest of cleaning up the mess they left us in.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Mar 26, 11:56:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been asking my family to actually pray that this one goes through.

     
  • At Thu Apr 03, 04:26:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Leonard said…

    One thing that actually concerns me - is the ministerial powers to alter the rules. Sure, today we have a Conservative government and at least we can hope they'll only let in self-sufficient high-skilled immigrants.

    But several years from now it may be the Libranos again, bringing in strippers as "exotic dancers with special skills", trading immigration visas for pizzas and simply bending the rules in favor of special interest groups known to vote Liberal.

    So, I'd prefer a set of rules that would benefit the self-sufficient immigrants capable of voluntary assimilation. That would be better than letting the guy in charge decide what's good and what's not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home