Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Arbour stepping down from UN

Former Canadian Supreme Court Justice Louise Arbour is stepping down from her post as the UN's Human Rights chief.

For the record, I think it's a vitally important job, and support the need for this post... but unfortunately, Ms. Arbour continually used her position to go out of her way to criticize Mr. Harper's government, and I found her to be quite unreasonable in so doing.

Notice I said "going OUT OF HER WAY" to do so... it's one thing to bring important issues to light... it's a completely different thing to intentionally seek to undermine a Prime Minister and a Party you don't agree with.

Anyway, as I'm sure this post will generate a nasty reply or two, I'm turning off the comments... because I'm not going to be available to keep an eye on the playpen today...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

<< Home