Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What's your vision of Canada?

Lots of people seem to get offended when I post anything remotely negative of anyone or anything, (I for one don't think warning others when I perceive danger is "unChristian", but I digress) so I figured I'd change tack today.

So what's your vision for Canada?

I mean big picture, whole package, no pot-shots at other people or parties here today. What do you look for in a leader?

For me, there's many things I look for. When I'm looking at the parties and their platforms, I want someone who makes logical sense, someone who's going to foster an environment where jobs can be created, where fewer people need to rely on our social safety net. As for our social safety net, I want increased benefits for those who really need it, but not for the thieves who chose to steal from the real poor by working the system.

I'm looking for someone who will deal with people who think crime is a legitimate way of life, and who foster an environment where fewer people have to even think of turning to crime to survive.

I'm looking for someone who will protect the freedoms we have, especially the freedom of religion. I'm looking for someone who will stop the government interference in matters of faith and morality, and will allow everyone to practice their faiths in freedom... no matter how much I may disagree with them.

I want someone who recognizes that "Statism" and that simply throwing more money at problems is not always the solution to our problems... while recognizing that in certain circumstances, more money may indeed be required in a solution. In many cases, getting value for our money may actually lead to real answers to real problems.

I'd like to have an environment in our country where a party and its leader have the freedom to speak their mind, and not have to watch their every word and move for fear that the media or the Opposition will mercilessly attack them for being completely honest.

I'm looking for a leader that will help me, and as many of my fellow Canadians as possible, to get ahead for once, instead of burdening us with more red tape, taxes, and useless programs.

What about you? What are you looking for? Is there anything here that I've listed that you disagree with? If so, why? Is there anything here you actually agree with, but disagree with how it's presently handled?

In the USA, they're talking a lot about "Hope"... though I happen to think that the one with whom they associate "Hope" is going to let them down in a big way. I also happen to think that we have good reason to have real "Hope" here in Canada, with the man who's presently running our great country... Mr. Stephen Harper.

While he's no charismatic iconic figure, I think he's a brilliant guy, who could actually solve a lot of our problems if he had the ability to act, instead of having to worry about how the Opposition is going to seek to eat him alive today. (not that I'm saying he needs a majority, I think he just needs an honest and genuine Opposition that judges proposed legislation on its merits, instead of trying to score partisan political points and wrest the reigns of power with their every waking breath)

I know a lot of my readers hate him... my question is, why? Certainly he's not perfect... I don't expect that from my leaders, just their best effort. But why is it that many people, mostly on the left, so viciously hate a man that most of them have never even met? It's a concept I simply don't understand. While I may dislike the way someone deals with an issue, I most certianly don't desire any ill to befall them, unlike so many people who seem to run blogs these days.

Of course, my personal preference is for a theocracy, with the Lord Jesus Christ running the show for 1000 years from Jerusalem... but I'll have to wait on His timetable for that one.

In the meantime, that's my two cents for the day. Looking forward to some postive response.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 17, 05:26:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    The New Jerusalem! Amen

     
  • At Tue Jun 17, 08:16:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Shawn Abigail said…

    I'm looking for a country where:

    - political correctness is replaced personal liberty
    - Statism is replaced by a personal sense of community
    - the needy get a helping hand rather than everyone getting entitlements
    - self-reliance is a noble virtue to be held up as an example
    - religious freedom is not bottom on the list
    - family is viewed as a more important influence than government
    - more government is not seen as the answer to all problems
    - the Opposition is loyal rather than promising anything (no matter how destructive) to regain power

    And yes, a 1000 year theocracy would be mighty good!

     
  • At Wed Jun 18, 09:22:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All Canadians have a right to their faith/religion. A right I would defend.

    But as we have dozens of faiths, including no faiths, religion needs to stay as far away from politics as possible. Freedom of religion is also the freedom from religion.

    It is how we treat minorities that define us.

     
  • At Thu Jun 19, 04:03:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Libertarianism, period

    It may not solve all the worlds problems, but it's not supposed to.

    I have dedicated my life to ridding the intrusiveness of government in our lives.

    Government interjects themselves where they don't belong much too often and it's just plain wrong. It upsets me and keeps me up nights.

    "CC", whether we're working on the same team or not, at least you know what my intentions are. Government "bullyism" is evil and there is nothing else on this planet that justifies my existence like this cause.

    I hope you don't consider that a "pot-shot"

    Mike Wisniewski

     

Post a Comment

<< Home