Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Intro to modern Christian Music

Been thinking of doing this for some time, and sort of started to with my post on the Starfield concert I went to a few months back.

Perhaps some of you have wondered, "Being a Christian, what kind of music would Christian Conservative listen to? Does he listen to hymns all day long?"

Well, welcome to the world of Christian Contemporary Music! (or "CCM" for short) There's a whole world of music that many of you have likely never heard of, filled with Biblical themes, God's Holy Scripture, and dealing with the real life issues that each and every one of us face on a daily basis... with one distinct difference.

The music I listen to offers something that most worldly music can't offer... HOPE. And answers, solutions to the many problems of life, all from God's Holy Word.

The first band/singer I'd like to introduce you all to is THIRD DAY, in reference to the resurection of our Lord Jesus Christ on the third day. They've been around a long time now, I've been listening to them for some 12 years now, and they're one of the top bands in the Christian Music scene. They're also one of best in terms of basing their lyrics and themes on God's Word, which just adds richness and depth to their music.

Here's a sample of a couple of their tunes...

Third Day - "God of Wonders"


Third Day - "Communion"


Third Day - Preview of their upcoming album, "Revelation"

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At Wed Jul 02, 04:37:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    Great. I love things by the Maranatha singers and songs like Shout to the Lord. I love Twila Paris and a lot of Gospel music.

     
  • At Wed Jul 02, 04:46:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Third Day, at least what I've heard from them.

    I love a certain song called "Come, Now Is The Time To Worship" but the problem with CCM I find is that a lot of songs are covered by different artists so it's hard to find the version you like.

    The version I like is sung by a woman and seems to be by "Vinyard", though I don't know if Vinyard is the groups name or the record company.

    Do you know the song I'm talking about?

     
  • At Wed Jul 02, 05:10:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Could be this one... I believe the band is "Hillsong".

    The term "Vineyard" isn't a band, it's is a church denomonation/movement where the song was likely from. (though they have a heavy emphasis on music, and many known Christian music groups have been born of that movement... Hillsong I believe is one of them)

     
  • At Wed Jul 02, 05:24:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya, that's it! Thanks!

    I get goosebumps whenever I hear that song and the singer's voice.

     
  • At Wed Jul 02, 11:36:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Adam said…

    I think that the version that you posted is actually performed by Brian Doerksen. Now, obviously it isn't him singing the lead, but you can hear him singing in the chorus. It is similar to the version that is found on his "Live in Europe" album.

    My favourite Third Day song is probably "Your Love oh Lord". Good tune. Sorry, I don't know how to do the html links.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mP4LhdE4vc

     
  • At Thu Jul 03, 01:09:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Brian Doerkson and group do that song that you linked to. I saw them in concert recently.He is Canadian BTW.

    Newsboys are great!!

     
  • At Sun Jul 13, 01:00:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Third Day will be on Jay Leno July 29/08!

     
  • At Thu Jul 17, 04:22:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    all third day music is great!!
    Download Worship Music, Hymns, and Karaoke Accompaniment Tracks at Spiritrax.com
    http://www.spiritrax.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home