Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Liberal Facebook users are worried!

Been watching over the last few days, and it looks like Jack Layton is, or should I say WAS, about to pass Stephane Dion for having the greatest number of Facebook supporters.

I say WAS because it looks like the Liberals have gone into panic mode, trying to make sure that embarrasing event doesn't happen... I've been watching, and I've seen Dion's supporter numbers spike in the last hour. Looks like some young Liberals have gotten the word out and had their friends jump on board quick. I can almost picture the desperate e-mails and text messages that must have gone out...

"Help us save Mr. Dion from Facebook embarrassment! Quick, log on to your Facebook and sign on as his supporter now, before Jack Layton can catch up!!!"

An hour ago, Jack was only 22 supporters away... now Dion, or should I say his paniced young supporters, have opened up that gap to 30.

Still, I don't think the lead will hold much longer. Watch the all the fun for yourself right here!

Instant Update: Right after posting this, I saw Dion's numbers tick up another four supporters... looks like I was right, they're really worried!!!

Here's where they were at @ 2:59pm EDT...

UPDATE @ 3:42pm: Oh yea, REAL worried, it's been another 45 minutes, and Dion's got already another 13 supporters.

One commenter told me to "give my head a shake" if I thought this was of any sort of importance. Symbolicly, it's really important, as the Liberal Facebook users have proven today. They know that if Layton passes Dion, it'll be embarrassing, and that piece of news will be spread far and wide, and that's not a good thing right before a series of by-elections. So yes, ree, it is important... I know it, and members of both the Opposition parties know it. So there.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Jul 22, 03:15:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you serious?!?!? Facebook friends count as an indication of political party performance????

    Dude, give your head a shake.

     
  • At Tue Jul 22, 05:10:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the Libs should be more worried about the NDP passing them in donations, not facebook friends.

     
  • At Tue Jul 22, 05:12:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    LOL! Good one Dave! So true!

     
  • At Tue Jul 22, 07:37:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Livingsword said…

    Are you saying the Liberals are trying to save faceā€¦..

    :)

     
  • At Tue Jul 22, 09:14:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well CC, if it's so important, why didn't you mention your beloved PMs Facebook friend count? It seems by following your logic, that your hero Stephen Harper is screwed, because he is currently in 3rd place in the Facebook Race, and not just by a couple of friends either.

    I guess the election results don't look so promising for the CPC, and both Opposition parties know it. (c:

    Oh, btw I was too fast on the draw with my previous post - add "fer Sutherland" to my identity to clear up any confusion.

     
  • At Wed Jul 23, 07:45:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Bert said…

    It almost makes me want to support Jack on Facebook. That would be the ONLY time I'd support anything NDP.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home