Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A new set of Nanos numbers... KABOOM

Do you recall my previous post from the other week, entitled "A 15 FREAKING POINT LEAD!?!?!?"?

Well... A FREAKING 15 POINT NANOS LEAD?!?!?!

One line in the report jumped out at me, and made me shake my head and re-read it... "In the Atlantic provinces and Toronto, the Tories and Liberals remain deadlocked"

SAY WHAT? TORIES AND LIBERALS DEADLOCKED IN TORONTO?!?!?!

What was that loud bang I just heard? Oh, must have been the Liberal implosion... or else it was Cherniak's head popping from trying to figure out how to spin this one! (just goading ya Jason)

Of course, it's WAY too early yet to consider this thing wrapped up. I expect yet another closing of the gap, but a final uptick for us in the endgame.

The question is, will we see a final downtick for the Dion Liberals?

UPDATE: Warren's reaction...
NANOS DROPS A BIG BOMB

[CENSORED EXPLETIVE REACTION... I'm sure you can use your imagination]

If Nick's right - and I don't know a serious Liberal who doubts his professionalism - then this thing has turned into a scramble for survival. That's it.

Incredible.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 25, 04:41:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    905 region baby.

    Same people that brought in Harris.

    The promise to publish the names of young offenders is playing well there plus they don't like how the other parties are promising to waste money on artists.

     
  • At Thu Sep 25, 04:48:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's pretty incredible.

    I'm still reeling from Stephen LeDrew's message on Duffy that it's okay and safe to vote Conservative this time =P

     
  • At Thu Sep 25, 04:59:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    That is what I am hearing in Toronto. Even Carolyn Bennet seems afraid.

     
  • At Thu Sep 25, 05:05:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Steve Stinson said…

    This is great news, but I'm not totally surprised.

    In the last few days I've noticed that even the commenters on the Toronto Star and the Globe & Mail were beginning to split evenly between the Libs and the Conservatives. That is a remarkable change from early in the campaign. All we have to do is keep it together.

     
  • At Thu Sep 25, 05:14:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not sure we should be surprised by the Toronto numbers. Many Torontonians (full disclosure I am one, for better or worse) fancy themselves as urbane and worldly. The Liberals created and maintained, for years, that it was the party of middle class Canadians and of minorities. This is not and never was true.

    The financing changes revealed that the party obtained the majority of its financing from corporations, hence its inability to raise money from grassroots.

    The myth is being dispelled, although with the Liberals you can never be sure for how long. The brand is incredibly resilient. I believe that the true nature of the party is coming out, one dominated by urban elites and pseudo-intellectuals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home