Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Monday, November 03, 2008

National Council race starts right on schedule

Was asked by a fellow Convention delegate about the National Councillor candidates, and why we haven't heard anything from any of them yet.  I told him "Just wait till next week... that's when the real campaign will get underway, and you'll hear from a whole bunch of them."

And right on cue... got a letter in the mail today from one of them.  While another one let me know via e-mail that his campaign website was now online.

The race really begins now...

As such, I'm going to send out an e-mail tonight to all the candidates I'm able to contact, asking them for a brief intro blurb to post on my blog.  Since no one else seems to be blogging much on the National Council race, and since many folks I talk to know little or nothing about the folks who are running, I'm hoping to help my fellow delegates find information about all the candidates.

So, if you're a National Council candidate for Ontario, here's what I'm looking for!  I've come up with a basic template to be filled out... which I will post here on my blog as I receive them. (if you are a friend of one of the candidates, or are working on their campaign, please pass on this message!)

Name, Age:
Website: (if any)
Contact info: (phone and/or e-mail)
Current/Past Positions:
Key Endorsers: (three max.)
Why vote for me?: (please limit to two or three concise sentences)

Again, I'll post the summaries individually as I receive them!  I'll also repost them collectively at the end of this week or on the weekend, in order to provide delegates with a "clearing house" to review all the candidates together.

So... get your submissions in to me ASAP!  First one to submit gets the first posting!  (NOTE: all submissions will be verified to ensure legitimacy)

For those of you who don't know the names of the candidates, here's the list (listed alphabetically, not preferentially):

Mark Borer
Andrew Carson
Simon Chapelle
Mark Dotzert
Doug Hawkins
Dan Hilton
Kara Johnson
John Walsh
Kevin Weiner

Thanks to Darryl Wolk for compiling the list.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Nov 03, 07:00:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am also going as a delegate and cannot believe how little information we have to make a decision.

    Thanks for taking this on, I will share this with the other delegates here.

     
  • At Mon Nov 03, 07:14:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    We only vote for National Council members ifor our own province.

     
  • At Mon Nov 03, 07:58:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Amm, yea... I mentioned that in the post, I'm only looking for and posting info on Ontario NC candidates.

     
  • At Mon Nov 03, 08:39:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am in Ontario, this will be helpful to me.

    It would be nice if the national site would post a list of the candidates along with some information about each of them right there. This seems to make the most sense, isn't this why we have technology?

     
  • At Tue Nov 04, 06:07:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Alex Sloat said…

    I expect the plan is to spam us all with literature at the actual convention site - I got a pamphlet from Dotzert thus far, but that's it. National Council campaigns tend not to be high-dollar, they're probably looking to save money on lit and postage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home