Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Post Convention Post will be delayed

I was hoping to catch everyone up on my time at the Convention, however, family matters have interrupted that... I got a call during dinner last night after the Convention was over that my great-uncle, my closest relative on this side of the Atlantic and my de-facto grandfather my entire life, has passed away.  I'll post on the Convention if and when time permits over the next few days.

Before I sign off for a while, I wanted to quickly throw a couple of shout-outs to some of the folks I had a wonderful weekend meeting/hanging out with... Stephen Taylor (it was nice to get more than a 30 second chat in this time!), Darryl Wolk (Mark won!), Atheist Conservative (believe it or not folks, we're on the same page on a whole lot more than you might think, right man?  Thanks again for your kind words and support on P-117), PomoChristian (I think you won 2nd place for most times at the mic dude!), Liblogger Danielle Takacs (and I was NOT "flirting" with you, I really am just that friendly with everyone, no matter what their political stripe!), Dr. Dawg (sorry I couldn't figure out the mouse problem!), along with the author of "Officially Screwed"... and a whole lot of other folks on the floor or in the suites... if I forgot to mention you, I'm sorry!

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Nov 16, 07:33:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep your head high CC. Unfortunately you can't have peaks, without valleys. All the best to you and your family in these tough times....

    Can't wait for your post on the CPC convention...

     
  • At Mon Nov 17, 09:29:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to Hear about your loss and I am sorry that I had to vote against P-107 If only we could have taken out that one sentence like you said yourself when you spoke. It was a great thing you tried to get past and next time I think it will pass as long as we do not have that sentence in it. It was a pleasure to get to talkto you for 30 seconds as I read your blog often and it was nice to put a person to the words.

     
  • At Mon Nov 17, 01:29:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Dr.Dawg said…

    You did help with the keyboard issue, and I gave you a hat-tip for that at my place!

     
  • At Mon Nov 17, 01:54:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Oh yea.. forgot about that one Dawg! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home