Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Dinner with Senator Mike Duffy in Cambridge!

Talk about ironic timing... no sooner do I rip some "liberal" from London for his "disgusting" personal attack on Senator Mike Duffy, what arrives in my mailbox? An invitation to have dinner with Senator Mike Duffy!

Price is a bit steep for me, but don't forget that you'll get a partial tax receipt for it.

Spread the word!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Feb 06, 03:08:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He's coming to Winnipeg too! You got a nice formal invite, all I got was a phone call!!! At least you get until late March to come up with the money, ours in in a couple of weeks!

    $100 of that $150 counts a tax deductible donation to my riding association, so it's not quite as steep as it seems either.

    I sheepishly told my wife that I'd gotten the call, thinking she'd scream about the cost. Surprisingly, she asked, "so, are we going?". I was floored.

     
  • At Sat Feb 07, 07:32:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Top Can said…

    I hope Duffy watches his language, and doesn't try to compare two grotesque people somehow making out or something. We saw enough of that this past week.

     
  • At Sun Feb 08, 08:46:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't Tase Me, Bro!:

    That was still a good analogy, despite the creepy undertones.

    The whole "politics makes strange bedfellows" idea is often conveniently overlooking that fact that those partnerships (coalitions, etc) are rarely a meeting of equals. One is generally in charge, the other just a hanger-on trying to glom off the first guy's spotlight.

    That's the real point that was missed from Duff's speech. Sure he probably should have chosen his wording more carefully, but he was still right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home