Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

What? You mean the political realm still exists?

I don't know about you, but things have been REALLY quiet for me lately. Of course, there's been stuff going on in the news, but haven't been following much. There was Warren's Great Waffer Caper, in which the Liberal Party of Canada ended up with a "host" of egg on their faces, but other than that, nothing that's really grabbed my attention. (NOTE: Just to be clear, I am in no way implying that Warren actually had anything to do with the whole "Wafer-gate" affair... in fact, I don't believe for a moment that he did. I just came up with that catchy little title because on Warren's blog recently, it's been all Wafer-gate, all the time)

Of course, that's a good thing... there's been nothing that major grabbing the headlines, just steady, quiet, good Government. That, and the fact that the economy seems to be beginning it's slow rebound. All in all, this must be driving the Liberals batty... which is never a bad thing, because they normally end up doing really stupid, err, good things when we're driving them nuts.

Anyway, work's just been crazy anyway, so I've been grateful for the downtime. Rollout of our Exchange 2007 system (with external OWA) has gone almost flawlessly, as has the integration of our new Blackberry Professional Server, running 11 Blackberries. Add to that a new firewall system, along with a remote access VPN, I have to admit that it's been fun running multiple MAJOR projects simultaneously... though just a little nuts. Just about ready to burn out... time to begin a well earned vacation.

Anything other things that I've missed?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 30, 10:40:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always thought it was hilarious to see Warren Kinsella leading the crusade for religious sensitivity and respect for Catholic rituals, considering that his normal position is that organized religion is bigoted and extreme, while the people who actually are religious have no place in the public sphere.

     
  • At Fri Jul 31, 12:48:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger wilson said…

    The unelected leader of the official opposition came out of hiding,
    and with that we have the 37th (?)threat of an election...so no, nothing else new.

     
  • At Fri Jul 31, 09:45:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Darn, and it was such a good acronym when he was "MIA"...

    "MIA" = Micheal Ignatieff, AMERICAN

     
  • At Sun Aug 02, 10:55:00 a.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude: wafer is spelled with a single 'f'.

    I'm reading through your post thinking to myself, "what is 'WAH-fer'-gate?". Then I realized what you meant.

    http://tinyurl.com/lwxfls

     

Post a Comment

<< Home