Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HRH Prince Charles and the GG on Rememberance Day

A really nice touch at today's Rememberance Day ceremonies in Ottawa, which I had the privilage to watch today at our own ceremony at work.

The GG proved once again why she ROCKS, showing up today in her full official Canadian Forces regalia... as did HRH Prince Charles, rather than wearing one of his British uniforms. (as he is officially the "Colonel-in-Chief" of several regiments, as well as a Vice-Admiral)

As one might say back home... "Good show ol' boy, good show!"

UPDATE: Great photo sent in by Mark from Ottawa, courtesy of The Torch:

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 11, 03:52:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Mark, Ottawa said…

    See this post at "The Torch" for an excellent photo:

    "Her Excellency the Commander-in-Chief and HRH The Prince of Wales"

    Mark
    Ottawa

     
  • At Wed Nov 11, 08:57:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous DaveCF said…

    I am rather proud of the fact that I wrote a letter to the Prime Minister advocating the Governor-General wear a Canadian Forces uniform in her role as commander-in chief. I received a nice reply that my request had been forwarded to the Governor-General for her consideration. I also received a note from her staff thanking me for the suggestion. I was delighted to see her in army dress uniform today. One letter (I assume!) can make a difference. All prior governors-general before Adrienne Clarkson wore uniforms on Remembrance Day - it is nice to see the tradition return.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home