Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

McGuinty Lockout vs. Hudak Walkout

After Liberal Premier Dalton McGuinty "locked out" the Ontario public by refusing calls for public hearings on the HST, the Hudak Tories called attention to the issue by staging a walkout at the Ontario Legislature during Question Period yesterday.

Kinda frames the debate quite well I think... a McGuinty Lockout, vs. a Hudak Walkout. Cudos again to Hudak & Co. for keeping the public's interests front and centre.

While my views on the HST are well known (not a big deal to me, I agree with the Federal Tories and Federal/Provincail Liberals on this file), I do appreciate the lenghts that Team Hudak are going to in an effort to ensure that our voices are clearly heard. This IS of course an effort to collect more taxes, based on the fact that the new harmonized rate will be a staggering 13%. If this was REALLY about returning Ontario to our place as the economic engine of the country, (where we were during the Harris years, if I recall correctly...) the McGuinty Liberals would be talking about reducing the PST rate at the same time that they implement the HST... more like 12% or even 11%. Now THAT would give the economy a kick-start, no?

Either way, a good show by the Ontario Tories for keeping this issue front and centre.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 24, 04:44:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Jerry Prager said…

    Got to love Ontario's fascists: left overs from the Lack of Common Sense Reaction. Maybe we can get Jason Kenny to include a paragraph on the ways in which Canadian Conservatives aided and abetted Mussolini before the war, and then adopted his corporatist ideology.

     
  • At Tue Nov 24, 08:24:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seriously?
    -Anon1152

     
  • At Tue Nov 24, 09:43:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    1152, was that directed at me, or Jerry? ;-)

     
  • At Tue Nov 24, 11:57:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. (Or maybe it was. Do I detect a wink? ;-) I should perhaps make more use of emoticons. Especially in cases such as these, where my facial muscles aren't capable.

    But I digress.

    For the record, I was referring to Jerry. I don't think the word "fascist" is appropriate here. And blaming anyone today for the actions of others (many of whom are now dead) is rather suspect.

    -Anon1152

     
  • At Wed Nov 25, 08:33:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Yes, there was a wink... because I figured it wasn't directed at me.

     
  • At Wed Nov 25, 10:50:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm for public hearings on the HST.

    Mike Wisniewski

     

Post a Comment

<< Home