Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Liberal Ross Rebagliati: "Let's ditch the Queen"

LOL... man I'm so glad this joker's running for the Liberals... but I'm thinking Iffy's not enjoying his latest headache.
[Rebagliati] says that having Queen Elizabeth II as Canadian head of state is something of the past.

'Don't know what the official position is, but I think the Commonwealth is over. We have to move forward. To have the Queen apointing a governor general... I don't know'.
I'm guessing that before he signed up to be a Liberal candidate for the next election, someone should have shown him the Oath of Allegiance that he'd have to give upon taking office...
I, [name], do Solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her Heirs and Successors according to law, forever. So help me God.
I'm thinking he's never gonna make Minister of Foreign Affairs. Got a suggestion for you dude... maybe don't toke up before giving interviews, eh?

And here's the Liberal response where Iffy distances himself from Rebagliati's comments in three, two one...

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

  • At Tue Feb 16, 07:16:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    His nick name is Doobie for nothing.

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 07:39:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is special, in an Olympic kind of way.

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 07:55:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said…

    Do the Bloc members have to swear an oath of allegiance? Just curious.

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 08:17:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Christian Conservative said…

    Hey Joanne, I believe the do have to swear the Oath, and aren't permitted to take their seats unless they do so.

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 08:22:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said…

    Hypocrisy, thy name is politics.

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 09:02:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why we even give this young man the time of day is beyond me.

    I live in the Okanagan, not to far from were this fellow calls home. I can assure you he won't get traction for his views nor his political party around here.
    The sad thing is that it appears that some individuals take so very long to mature. He needs to get some basic life skills and work experience under his belt before his child gets any older.

    A snow board does not a father make!

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 09:13:00 p.m. EST, Blogger The_Iceman said…

    I thought Donolo had muzzled Ross? I guess they took it off for the Olympics.

    Ironically, I agree with him on this one. I do not acknowledge the Queen as my head of state. The Prime Minister is my head of state.

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 09:28:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "To have the Queen apointing a governor general... I don't know'."

    That about sums it up - Ross doesn't know - anything!

     
  • At Tue Feb 16, 09:34:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Joe said…

    I think this is the only point where I agree with Rebagliati.

     
  • At Wed Feb 17, 06:04:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey all,

    Ross Rebagliati (sp?) has been doing interviews all week, and we can expect a lot more. I hope the Tory war room is collecting every stupid statement, every fumbling collection of 'like...you knows' and puts them together in an ad with the tag line: "brought to you by the Liberal Party of Canada."

    Cheers,

    James

     
  • At Wed Feb 17, 06:43:00 a.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ross Rebagliati states through ignorance that the governor general is appointed by the Queen.
    Whatever your views "this being the only point where I agree with Rebagliati" I hope it isn't through ignorance like Ross's.

     
  • At Wed Feb 17, 08:31:00 a.m. EST, Blogger Roy Eappen said…

    iffy has told my friends at the Monarchist League of Canada, that he does not support republicanism for Canada. ross better find another party. Perhaps the communist party of Canada? Though I hope ross continues his fine job of destroying the grit brand.

     
  • At Wed Feb 17, 09:40:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's pretty dumb.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home