Christian Conservative Christian "Independent"

I'm an evangelical Christian, member of the CPC, but presently & unjustly exiled to wander the political wilderness.
All opinions expressed here are solely my own.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Raising airport security fees

I have a better idea... instead of now raising airline security fees, why not just forget about installing these full body scanning units, since there's a lot of people who don't want them anyway? (like me, for example...)

Let me get this straight... we install them in our airports, and there's a public outcry about them. We spin for weeks, and the outcry eventually subsides... at which point we turn around and say,
"Oh, by the way... HERE'S THE BILL."

Sorry guys... this one gets a FAIL from me. Glad I bought my tickets already.

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 25, 10:42:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous John said…

    Safety over privacy any day. We all know what could have happened on Christmas day 2009. I’m pretty sure death is a bad thing!

     
  • At Fri Feb 26, 12:00:00 p.m. EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree CC with you
    I am sick of being told as long as I foot the bill and am searched from head to foot I will be safe
    I do not think so
    I will stand on my head if the airport authorities tell me to do so but I will never feel they have my safety or that of anybody foremost in their mind
    there needs to be some re thinking done before I will feel safer at any airport
    Israel knows how to protect the safe travel on their airplanes and at their airports
    I am a hard working and honest Canadian I feel insulted that I need to be treated as a possible terrorist while the terrorist boards the aircraft that I am flying on
    passengers on that Christmas flight were not informed of the threat to their security but it was the passengers that subdued the terrorist

    increasing the tax to provide security did nothing

    fh

     
  • At Fri Feb 26, 01:19:00 p.m. EST, Blogger Drew Costen said…

    This is one of those rare times I agree with you CC. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home